Growing Water Smart on Colorado’s Front RangeDownload
Growing Water Smart: Integrated Water and Land Use Planning Workshop
When: September 11 – 13, 2019
Where: Estes Park, CO
Application Deadline: June 28, 2019
The Sonoran Institute and Babbitt Center for Land and Water Policy’s Growing Water Smart program introduces communities to the full range of communications, public engagement, planning, and policy implementation tools to realize their watershed health and community resiliency goals.
Through Growing Water Smart, Colorado communities on the Front Range can learn how they can integrate land use and water planning.
Participants in this program will gain:
- Foresight. A better understanding of how land use and climatic trends impact water supply and demand at the state and local level.
- Adaptability. The strategies and tools to integrate water and land use planning to better adapt to change and uncertainty.
- Commitment. Decision makers from multiple disciplines, departments, agencies and organizations commit to common goals.
- Clarity. The ability to communicate why your goals are needed and gain the support you need to succeed.
- A path forward. An action plan tailored to your community’s needs.
Download the PDF and follow instructions to apply.