Pima Community College – Desert Vista Campus
This FREE annual event is a venue for learning about research and conservation efforts exploring the Santa Cruz River’s natural and cultural resources. Inspire new research questions. Strengthen your professional network; catalyze new collaborative projects and foster awareness of each other’s research and conservation efforts.
In honor of our tenth anniversary, we will build a collaborative research agenda for the river. We invite you to join other local scientists, river landowners, resource managers, and other decision makers. Together we will create a snapshot of research priorities, answer questions such as, what information gaps do we have, how can we better communicate our findings, and how can we form great partnerships? Help start the conversation by registering now.
Highlights in this year’s program:
- Updates on current research, including the surprise discovery of the Gila Topminnow’s return to Tucson and the results of several community perspective surveys throughout the watershed.
- A celebration of our accomplishments over 10 years of Santa Cruz River Research Days!
- Field trip to a watershed restoration site, and more!
Santa Cruz River Research Days is part of Sonoran Institute’s Santa Cruz River Initiative. Our focus is to invest in water for the environment and communities along the Santa Cruz River. Our goal for the Santa Cruz is to retain flowing reaches and restore conditions throughout the watershed. We envision a future where the river corridor is a revitalized part of our community and economy and Tucsonans are reconnected to the river, the roots of our culture. View proceedings and presentations from past events.
Santa Cruz River Research Days Steering Committee:
- Friends of the Santa Cruz River
- Pima County
- Southwestern Arid Grassland Ecology
- Tumacácori National Historical Park
- University of Arizona